As we all know, 2020 has been an unprecedented year that has challenged us in ways we never anticipated. Dealership shutdowns, economic uncertainty, and more—yet, our dealer partners have pressed on, demonstrating resilience in the face of extraordinary circumstances.
Despite today’s unique environment, we’ve all accomplished a lot, so we took a moment to reflect on everything that’s been done in 2020. Here are some of the highlights.
We moved quickly to support you during these challenging times
When Covid came crashing onto the scene earlier this year, we quickly set up our Driving Difference Resource Center to help dealers find creative solutions to current challenges and provide a dose of positivity with its namesake contest. We were also first to market with discounted services to support our dealer partners. Here are some additional resources we created to help dealers navigate Covid:
- Remote Sales Solutions. Products and features designed to help you sell more cars remotely.
- COVID-19 Sentiment Studies. Ongoing research that keeps a pulse on car buyers’ sentiments around car shopping.
- New lockdown support. Following the announcement of a second lockdown in November, CarGurus moved quickly to offer our paying customers free marketplace subscriptions and free trial access to Area Boost for the month of December.
We launched valuable content for you
We gathered key insights from industry leaders, created interactive web pages, and produced useful content to equip our dealer partners with the tools they need to get through 2020. Here are some of our favourites:
- Top 2020 UK used cars by lead submissions broken down by region
- Data shows CarGurus leads convert into appointments at best-in-class levels
- New Dealer Spotlights with Jardine Motor Group, Riverside Motor Group, and Swansway Group.
- …and more!
We shared actionable dealer marketing tactics at Navigate
While we were disappointed that we couldn’t be together in person for Navigate this year, we were still able to share new strategies for adapting to a rapidly-changing consumer climate. Didn’t make it live? Don’t worry! You can still watch the recorded sessions. And we’re excited to do it all again next year, 13-14 October 2021.
We made enhancements to our sister site PistonHeads
We’ve applied engineering and data expertise to give PistonHeads a new look and feel, a better user experience, and faster performance. These improvements have paid off to the tune of an 86% year-over-year increase in leads from the PistonHeads classifieds.
We launched new products and features
You asked for new products and features—and we answered! From the launch of CarGurus Area Boost to continued enhancements to the Dealer Dashboard, we worked hard to bring our dealers better tools and products to help them succeed. Check them out:
- Area Boost. In July, we introduced Area Boost, our latest offering that helps dealers expand their reach by showing their deliverable stock to buyers outside their local market.
- WhatsApp Lead Management. Over the summer, we announced the launch of our new integration with WhatsApp to allow buyers to contact your dealership through their favourite messaging service. Just like our managed text and chat, these leads are then qualified by CarGurus, allowing your staff to do what they do best – sell.
- Dealer Dashboard. In October, we brought a new, refreshed navigation to the Dealer Dashboard to save you time and help you easily access key dashboard functions, such as your package performance, leads, and market insights.
Don’t want to miss out on what’s in store for 2021? Get in touch with your account manager today to make sure your dealership is set up for success.